Features And Application Of AISI 4130 Seamless Pipes FittingsNovember 29, 2021
AISI 4130 alloy steel contains chromium and molybdenum as strengthening agents. It has low carbon content and can be welded easily. Machinability – AISI 4130 steel can be easily machined using conventional methods. However, machining becomes difficult when the hardness of the steel is increased.
Features of AISI 4130 Seamless Pipes Fittings
- Welding of AISI 4130 steel can be performed by all commercial methods.
- Heat Treatment – AISI 4130 steel is heated at 871°C (1600°F) and then quenched in oil. This steel is usually heat-treated at temperatures ranging from 899 to 927°C (1650 to 1700°F).
- Forging of AISI 4130 steel can be performed at 954 to 1204°C (1750 to 2200°F).
- Hot-working of AISI 4130 steel can be done at 816 to 1093°C (1500 to 2000°F).
- AISI 4130 steel can be cold worked using conventional methods.
- AISI 4130 steel can be annealed at 843°C (1550°F) followed by air cooling at 482°C (900°F).
- Tempering of AISI 4130 steel can be performed at 399 to 566°C (750 to 1050°F), depending on the desired strength level.
- Hardening of AISI 4130 steel can be done with cold working or heat treatment.
Properties and application of AISI 4130 Pipe Fittings
AISI 4130 Pipe Fittings are more vulnerable to mechanical and heat treatments than carbon steel. Chromium and molybdenum are used as reinforcing agents in AISI 4130 Seamless Tubes. It has a low carbon content and is easily soldered. AISI 4130 is low alloy steel with reinforcing agents such as molybdenum and chromium. The carbon content is nominally 0.30 percent, and because of this low carbon content, the fusion weldability of the alloy is outstanding. Heat treatment can be used to harden the alloy. 4130 low alloy steel is widely used in structural applications such as aircraft engine mounts and welded tubing installations.
PROPERTIES OF AISI 4130 Pipe Fittings
Physical properties of AISI 4130 Pipe Fittings include a density of 7.85 g/cm3 in metric and 0.284 lb. /in3 in imperial. In metric and imperial units, the melting point is 1432°C and 2610°F, respectively. Tensile strength, elasticity, elongation, hardness, and machinability are mechanical properties of AISI 4130 Pipe Fittings. It also has unique properties such as forming, welding, heat treatment, forging, hot working, cold working, annealing, tempering, and so on.
APPLICATIONS OF AISI 4130 Pipe Fittings
Automobile and Bearing Industries, Mechanical and Structural Applications, Hydraulic and Petrochemical Applications, and so on. Energy Production, Petrochemicals, Gas Processing, Specialty Chemicals, Pharmaceutical products, Pharmaceutical Devices, Chemical Equipment, Saltwater Equipment, Heat Exchangers, Condensers, and the Pulp and Paper Industry, among others.